All people surely want to save money while they travel. They want to save money on airfare, car rental and more importantly hotel accommodations. However, for some people, saving money on Hotels means picking a hotel that maybe low in standards or far from their itineraries (somewhere hidden like a best kept secret hotel in town). Nowadays, you dont need to compromise! There are lots of ways to save money on lodging without compromising the quality of your accommodations. Here are some of them.
* Paying for a membership like AAA or a similar auto club also provides you with discounts on hotel rooms.
* When booking a hotel room, make sure you ask about discounts that may be available. Many hotels give out discounts for students and senior citizens. People in the military and government employees also get discounts in some hotels.
* Getting the best hotel deals and discounts is often based on timing and planning ahead. Plan your trip early and book Hotels months before the big day. Often, hotels will reserve a block of lower-priced rooms, available on a first come, first serve basis. Take advantage of those.
* Plan your trip during the off season months, these are the times when big discounts are given. Many people ask, “why would I want to go to vacation on off seasons? Where’s all the people and fun in that” as for me I love off season more. Not only does it boast discounts, but it also means lesser people to compete for attention and service, lesser traffic, less hassle and more peace.
* Certain hotels can give discounts to credit card holders of certain card establishments. Make sure to ask for it.
* More often than not, Hotels have discounts and packages that people dont know off. All they need to do is ask and one can get a discount. Simply ask through the phone how can you qualify for a discount. If at certain day of the week or at certain times of the year they give discounts, ask them about it and ask how much or how less can they give, then ask if you could get still a higher discount. Usually at off peak seasons, hotels will be willing to give in, just to fill the empty rooms.
* Most hotels have their VIP list of people. Do name drop, if you know of someone who frequently stays at that hotel and is probably a member of the VIP list. Tell them your friend referred you to them and ask for a discount. It works all the time. Just make sure you are really friends with that VIP person and dont name drop just any other names you think of.
* Last but definitely not the least, you should search the internet and look for the best deals around. Compare hotel prices and quality and check if they have discounts. You should also watch out for hotel coupons as these will give you instant discounts on your booking. Hotels.com usually give out hotels.com coupon codes, I just saw some at Fabudaily.com